Thursday, January 6, 2011

Where I Am Heading



I would like to take the opportunity to describe the company I am working for. It is a brilliant little company called Focus Features. It is the art house film division of NBC Universal's Universal Pictures and acts both as a producer and distributor of its own films, as well as a distributor for foreign films.

They have produced movies including Atonement, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Being John Malkovich, Pride and Prejudice, Dan in Real Life, The Pianist, Lost in Translation, and The Kids are All Right.


They make movies that push boundaries and inspire. Movies that go against the norm of the usual Blockbuster with characters and stories that are relevant to our culture.

This internship is a dream come true. Well, at least for now. I may change my mind after actually working there. One more day in Alabama and on Saturday I am off at 6 AM to fly to NYC. Pursuing the first real step of working in the film industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment