Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's A New Day, A New Life...And I'm Feeling..Good


The title refers to a wonderful Michael Buble song. That is how I now feel about New York. The reason why it is hard adjusting is, because, let's see-- I lived 18 years in Alabama and 3 and a half years in Texas. So culture shock should be inevitable I suppose...

Anyways I had a great day today. I ate lunch at NBC at 30 Rock. We had the opportunity to meet with an executive who is in charge of all program content and censoring for live shows, including SNL. It was so interesting to meet with him and hear his advice. He said he has a stack of resumes from Yale and Harvard on his desk, but he would rather hire an intern he knows he can count on or someone who knows the business and has a good recommendation. This was good news!

I also learned at work that I may get to go on set for the new movie Focus is shooting in New York called Another Night. It is starring, drum roll please, ROBERT DE NIRO. I don't know how much more I can say, but let's just say I'm excited. Also starring in the movie: Paul Dano, known for Little Miss Sunshine. If I get to go on set, it will be in March when they start shooting.

Also, I just had a visit from my friend Andrea last weekend. We went to Little Italy for dinner at a place called Angelo's which was delicious! I ordered the gnocchi. YUM.

The rest of this blog post will be like a picture book. Enjoy!


On Saturday, we took a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was so wonderful. My favorite was of course, Van Gogh.









We walked by Central Park, which is still a Winter Wonderland.










Then Anthony showed us an adorable, antique bookshop.










Followed by eating some NY Pizza.








On Sunday we saw the matinee performance of CHICAGO! Such an amazing cast and talent! Oh so scandalous. But oh so good. The day after we saw the show I promptly rewatched the movie and sang all of the songs. Because, yes, I am a Broadway show fanatic. Next on the agenda: Phantom, Wicked, and Daniel Radcliffe's show called "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."

1 comment:

  1. Love Little Italy. Fav restaurant is Le Mela Restaurante! Had one fabulous meal with my daughters and my assistant Amanda. Wow on the opportunities ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete